Wednesday 17 August 2016

Lush Roots | DIY






A few years ago I picked myself up a tub of Lush Roots to give a try. Then, like now I was trying to grown out my hair as quick as possible and I'd seen via YouTube that Roots by Lush was a good purchase to try!

So I bought it and gave it ago. I loved the scent but hated using it on dry hair, as the directions suggest. So I used it on wet hair and it lasted a couple months as I used it sparingly, but noticed no real difference.

Recently I popped in to Lush and picked up one of their shampoo bars called New geared towards hair growth containing cinnamon. I can definitely say this about Lush products they do smell divine! 

I was thinking about picking up another tub to use in conjunction with the shampoo bar, but decided I'd go home and have a think about it as for me it's a tad pricey at £10.00 a tub.

I hopped online and had a Google of the ingredients and had a thought, why not do a DIY! I'm a total lover of DIY's and if I could make something similar my self why the devil not!

So here is what you'll need:

• A clean glass jar to pop your scalp treatment in
• 7 tbsp of coconut oil 
• 2 tbsp of castor oil
• 2 tbsp of olive oil *
• 10 drops of peppermint oil *
• 10 drops of orange oil *
• 10 drops of grapefruit oil * 
• 15 drops of tea tree oil
• 15 drops of clary sage oil 
• 8 drops of cedar wood oil
• 15 drops of rosemary oil
* used in the Lush version

The method is simple combine all the ingredients in a bowl then using an electric hand whisk mix it all up.

Place your treatment in a jar and voila!

Use it once a week, massage all over the scalp, leave on for at least 30 minutes before shampooing out. The peppermint oil is the strongest scent, so if you think it will be too over powering use less, but I personally love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment