Thursday 30 January 2014

Quick Tips | The Best Gel Liner Brush

Ever had trouble applying your gel liner? I know I have. And the silly thing was that it all boiled down to using the wrong type of brush. Simple. I started off using the little brushes that came with the pots.

Although ok, you won't get a beautiful crisp line and it can look a little smudgy.

So then I started using a flat angle brush thinking that this would be the right brush to use because of the slanted angle, and Models Own do an Angled Eyeliner Brush, so I carried on still wondering why my eyes weren't as beautiful and sharp as I wanted.

But trust me you don't want to be using one of these either!

What you do want to use is a thin linear, type brush. I looked everywhere in the drug stores and couldn't find one. I ended up purchasing a pack of nail art brushes from Claire's Accessories for £4.50 because it had exactly what I was looking for. I'm not fussy when it comes to brushes as long as they do what I want them to do and they don't scratch my eyes out! If you are however, after a little googleing I found that MAC do a special Liner Brush for £16.50 

The first time I used this I was amazed at how well it worked! Why hadn't I though of this?!

So what you want is a Liner Brush or do as I did and look at other options. It works amazingly well and trust me you'll get a crisp, long line and flick every time! 

Jeni x

1 comment:

  1. There's a silicon eyeliner brush by Real Techniques that's supposed to apply anytime of eyeliner perfectly crisp. I'm not sure if you've heard about it, but apparently it's really good. I use the Real Techniques fine liner brush and it works really good as well! :)

    ReplyDelete